Healthcare Technology Prototype Development
Partner with us for expert full stack software development for your next digital healthcare project.
Healthcare Companies Trust Inverness Park for Complex Digital Projects
From apps to IoT and everything in between, our full stack software experts partner with your inhouse team to solve healthcare technology engineering problems.
Case Study: Wireless Biometric Monitor for Patients
A healthcare technology startup needed to demonstrate a proof-of-concept to capture patient biometrics wirelessly in order to improve patient monitoring in hospitals and reduce infection rates caused by the frequent installation and removal of biometric sensors. They had tried to complete this project by working with biometrics device OEMs but realized they needed a wider scope of skills.
The minimum viable product (MVP) needed to:
- Capture and process raw data from generic COTS biometric sensor devices.
- Exchange biometric sensor data between a patient and a physician using end-to-end encryption.
- Produce real-time alerts based on biometric sensor data.
- Produce summary health reports.
• Capture and process raw data from generic COTS biometric sensor devices.
• Exchange biometric sensor data between a patient and a physician using end-to-end encryption.
• Produce real-time alerts based on biometric sensor data.
• Produce summary health reports.
Why Inverness Park?
This startup chose Inverness Park because we had the ability to adapt quickly and produce a healthcare technology prototype in a very short time frame, including:
- End-to-end data encryption
- A ready-to-use private cloud service for data exchange
- Mobile apps to interface between patients and physicians
In order to build a prototype of this scope within three months, we proposed a software architecture that would include three major components:
- A cloud-based service to coordinate the exchange of encrypted messages in transit, hosted on Linode
- A patient biometric monitoring app, running on Android
- A physician app, running on Android
The prototype was successfully demonstrated using a variety of third-party biometric devices, where one stakeholder would act as the patient and another as the physician. The customer then used this same demo to apply to an accelerator program and was accepted shortly thereafter.
Our focus on patient data privacy also allowed the customer to obtain a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) without any changes to the prototype.
Case Study Follow Up
Since the original prototype was demonstrated, the customer has continued to engage Inverness Park. The original prototype has had numerous functionality upgrades to accommodate evolving business objectives.
Learn More About How We Work
Our wide range of software skill subsets help business and engineering teams solve tough problems and innovate with digital products. Our work is guaranteed and so are our project price estimates.
Let’s Talk About Your Software Project
Tell us a bit about your project and software development needs: